Terms and Conditions
for the Energy Healing Institute Program
Evolving the Astral Body: The Heart of the Why
- This document contains very important information regarding your rights and obligations, as well as conditions, limitations, and exclusions that might apply to you. Please read it carefully.
By clicking the “I Accept” button, you affirm that you are of legal age to enter into this agreement, and you accept and are bound by these terms and conditions.
You may only register for the Program (defined in the next paragraph) if you (A) agree to these terms, (B) are 21 years of age or older, and (C) have completed all prerequisites required to register for the Program.
These terms and conditions (these "Terms") apply to your registration for and enrollment in the program entitled “Evolving the Astral Body: The Heart of the Why” (the “Program”) offered by Energy Healing Institute LLC, a Washington limited liability company (referred to as "us", "we", or "our" as the context may require) via our website: https://energyhealinginstitute.org (the "Site").
- Order Acceptance and Cancellation. You agree that your registration and tendering of payment is an offer to purchase, under these Terms, enrollment in the Program. All registrations must be accepted by us before you are considered enrolled in the Program. We may choose not to accept registrations and offer enrollments at our sole discretion, even after we send you a confirmation email with details concerning your registration request.
- Prices and Payment Terms.
- All prices, discounts, and promotions posted on our Site are subject to change without notice. The price charged for the Program will be the price in effect at the time the order is placed (the “Program Price”). Price increases will only apply to orders placed after such changes. Posted prices do not include taxes or charges for shipping and handling, as applicable. All such taxes and charges will be added to your total and will be itemized in your shopping cart. We strive to display accurate price information, however we may, on occasion, make inadvertent typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions related to pricing and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions at any time and to cancel any orders arising from such occurrences.
- The following terms may be used by us to communicate pricing information:
- "Normal price" references our normal price for the Program.
- "Early bird price" refers to a reduced price for the Program offered for enrollees who register and make all of the payments we require on or prior to the date the early bird price is stated to expire.
- Terms of payment are within our sole discretion and, unless otherwise agreed by us in writing, payment must be received by us before our acceptance of an order. We currently use Stripe to accept payment for your registration. You represent and warrant that (i) the credit card information you supply to Stripe or any other payment vendor we use is true, correct and complete, (ii) you are duly authorized to use such credit card for the purchase, (iii) charges incurred by you will be honored by your credit card company, and (iv) you will pay charges incurred by you at the posted prices, including shipping and handling charges and all applicable taxes, if any, regardless of the amount quoted on the Site at the time of your order.
- We may offer payment plans for you to use to pay for your registration in the Program. If you select as part of your registration that you wish to use a specific payment plan to pay for the Program, you agree to make timely payments in full according to the payment schedule associated with your selected payment plan (your “Payment Plan”). Once you have registered with a payment plan, you may not change your Payment Plan without our written permission. If we do not offer you a payment plan or you opt not to use a payment plan, you will be required to pay the Program Price for registration in full up front.
- Prerequisites for Enrollment. In order to register for the Program, you must have completed all prerequisites listed on the Program Page.
- Rules and Requirements. By registering for and enrolling in the Program, you understand and agree to the following and will remain bound by the following even after you complete the Program:
- Program Requirements:
- You understand that the Program is truly a program and not a course or workshop – it will take exhaustive work on your part to complete and you agree to put in that exhaustive work.
- You agree to adhere to all Program requirements and you understand that you will not be allowed to complete the Program unless you do so. You can expect these Program requirements to include, among other requirements:
- submitting all required assignments by the required deadlines and via the required submission methods,
- finding appropriate practice clients and procuring their consent to engage in practice client sessions;
- completing the required number of hours of practice client sessions; and
- purchasing and maintaining a liability insurance policy in the required amounts with the required coverage on or before the date required for the Program.
- You agree to make timely payments to us in full as required by the Payment Plan.
- You agree to engage in appropriate behavior within and outside of the Program, including with your peer group enrolled in the Program. You also agree that it is ultimately in our sole discretion to determine whether your behavior is appropriate.
- You agree to work productively and in a timely fashion towards finishing all of the requirements necessary to complete the Program and acquire your certification. Whether you are working productively and in a timely fashion is in our sole discretion.
- You agree that you will not represent to anyone else that you have completed the Program or any other program we offer until you have actually done so.
- Medical, Clinical, and Therapeutic Care:
- You will not diagnose any mental, emotional, behavioral, physical or spiritual condition unless you are licensed and permitted to do so by applicable law and you understand that we do not offer any programs which would legally permit you to make diagnoses of any kind.
- You will not attempt to treat a client seeking healing for trauma of any kind unless: (A) you are licensed and permitted to do so by applicable law or (B) the client has authorized you to work in conjunction with their professional counselor or therapist who is licensed and permitted to treat a client seeking healing for trauma. Further, you understand that we do not offer any programs which would permit you to legally independently treat a client seeking healing for trauma.
- You will always advise others that (A) energy healing treatments and sessions are not an alternative to or substitute for medical, clinical, or therapeutic care and (B) they should seek and follow the advice of licensed medical, clinical, and therapeutic professionals.
- Legal, Ethical, and Responsible Practice:
- You will practice energy healing in accordance with all legal requirements and you understand that you are responsible for understanding the legal requirements for energy healing practice in the place where you intend to practice it. You also understand that we do not and will not offer any legal advice concerning how to practice energy healing within the bounds of the law.
- You agree to always adhere to the Guidelines for Intentional Practice posted on the Site.
- You will not practice energy healing on your friends or family.
- You will not practice energy healing on a minor whose parent or legal guardian has not given their consent.
You acknowledge and agree to all of our disclaimers set forth in the ToS and the Program Page.
- Our Duties. After we accept your registration and you become enrolled in the Program, we will do the following for as long as you are enrolled in the Program: (i) provide you access to Program materials, (ii) guide you in learning and practicing the knowledge and skills set forth on the Program Page, (iii) review your required submissions for the Program and provide feedback, (iv) offer virtual “office hours” as set forth on the Program Page, and (v) once you have completed all of the Program requirements, provide you with your Certificate of Achievement for the Program.
Even if your enrollment in the Program terminated prior to your completion of the Program, you will owe us the full amount of the Program Price, subject to Section 8. This means that we will continue to bill you on your Payment Plan for unpaid amounts of the Program Price, if applicable and subject to Section 8.
- Partial Refunds or Cessation of Payments on Payment Plan. If we receive a Termination Notice from you, you may be entitled to:
- If we receive your Termination Notice between the first (1st) and the 30th day (30th) following the start of the Program, we will cancel your tuition payment plan with no further payments required and remove you from the Program.
- If we receive your Termination Notice between the thirty-first (31st) day and the sixtieth (60th) day following the start of the Program, we will cancel your tuition payment plan with no further payments required following receipt of your second tuition payment.
We will promptly process any refund you are owed. Any refund we issue to you will be credited back to the same payment method used to make the original purchase. Any refund we do issue to you will be reduced by any fees we incurred in processing your original payment and your refund.
- Our Intellectual Property. The Site, the Program materials, and the entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) of each are owned by us, our licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
These Terms permit you to use the Site and the Program materials for your personal, non-commercial use only. You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store, or transmit any of the material on the Site or any of the Program materials, except as follows: (a) your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials; (b) you may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes; (c) you may download one copy of each of the MP3 and PDF files that we make available in the Program materials for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution; and (d) if we provide desktop, mobile, or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
You must not: (x) modify copies of any materials from the Site or Program materials; (y) use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics from the Site or Program materials separately from the accompanying text or other contextual materials; or (z) delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Site or the Program materials.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Site or any services or materials available through the Site.
If you print, copy, modify, download, or otherwise use or provide any other person with access to any part of the Site or Program materials in breach of these Terms, your right to use the Site and the Program materials, as well as your enrollment in the Program, will stop immediately and you must return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made. No right, title, or interest in or to the Site or the Program materials or any content on the Site or the Program materials is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by the Company. Any use of the Site or the Program materials not expressly permitted by these Terms is a breach of these Terms and may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.
Our company name, the term “Energy Healing Institute,” our company logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are our or our affiliates’ or licensors’ trademarks. You must not use such marks without our prior written permission.
- Limitation of Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COLLECTIVE LIABILITY OF ENERGY HEALING INSTITUTE LLC AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, AND DIRECTORS, TO ANY PARTY (REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO THE COMPANY FOR THE APPLICABLE CONTENT, PRODUCT, OR SERVICE OUT OF WHICH LIABILITY AROSE.
The limitation of liability set out above does not apply to liability resulting from our gross negligence or willful misconduct.
THE FOREGOING LANGUAGE IN THIS SECTION DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Energy Healing Institute LLC, its affiliates, licensors, and service providers, and its and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, successors, and assigns from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of or relating to your violation of these Terms or your use of the Program, including, but not limited to, your use of the Program's content other than as expressly authorized in these Terms or the Program.
- Limitation on Time to File Claims. ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS, THE SITE, OR THE PROGRAM MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES; OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
- Force Majeure. We will not be liable or responsible to you, nor be deemed to have defaulted or breached these Terms, for any failure or delay in our performance under these Terms when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts or circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of God, flood, fire, earthquake, explosion, governmental actions, war, invasion or hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot or other civil unrest, national emergency, revolution, insurrection, epidemic, lockouts, strikes or other labor disputes (whether or not relating to our workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials, materials or telecommunication breakdown or power outage.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This Site is operated from the United States of America. All matters arising out of or relating to these Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Washington without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Washington or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Washington.
Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of, or related to, these Terms or the Program shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of Washington, in each case located in the City of Chelan and County of Chelan. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
- Assignment. You will not assign any of your rights or delegate any of your obligations under these Terms without our prior written consent. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this 16 is null and void. No assignment or delegation relieves you of any of your obligations under these Terms.
- No Waivers. The failure by us to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that right or provision. The waiver of any right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of Energy Healing Institute LLC.
- No Third-Party Beneficiaries. These Terms do not and are not intended to confer any rights or remedies upon any person other than you.
- To You. We may provide any notice to you under these Terms by: (i) sending a message to the email address you provide or (ii) by posting to the Site. Notices sent by email will be effective when we send the email and notices we provide by posting will be effective upon posting. It is your responsibility to keep your email address current.
- To Us. To give us notice under these Terms, you must contact us as follows: (i) by email to [email protected]; or (ii) by personal delivery, overnight courier, or registered or certified mail to Energy Healing Institute LLC at 150 Thunder Road, Chelan, WA, 98816, Attn: Legal Department. We may update the email or mailing address for notices to us by posting a notice on the Site. Notices provided by personal delivery will be effective immediately. Notices provided by email transmission or overnight courier will be effective one business day after they are sent. Notices provided by registered or certified mail will be effective seven business days after they are sent.
- Severability. If any provision of these Terms is invalid, illegal, void or unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severed from these Terms and will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms.