If energy flows where attention goes, what role does intention play?
Do you attend to what you’d like to create? Or do you attend to what you don’t want to create?
Here’s some things CK’s heard recently from clients and students:
- I don’t want to work at my dead-end job anymore.
- I am tired of being broke and having no disposable income.
- I want to meet someone through online dating who isn’t a loser.
- I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired.
Yup. Negative intentions. Every last one of them. What’s interesting about this? Each person was sharing what they’re continually creating and DON’T WANT. What’s also interesting? These negative intentions can easily be turned into positive intentions. Like this:
- I am actively pursuing work opportunities that offer growth, new learning and professional advancement.
- I generate positive cash flow and savings through effective money management and attention to my finances.
- I attract people who resonate with me and my interests.
- I am healthy, vibrant, whole and vital.
Yup. Positive intentions. Every last one of them.
Now, here’s the thing:
You can SAY anything you want – negative or positive. (Really, CK has no ability to change what you say.) BUT YOU CAN. What you SAY makes a difference.
And know this:
Even if you SAY everything in positive, affirmative words, terms and tone, if you BELIEVE something different, your affirmations and intentions are just words.
Dammit, CK! Do you mean to say that I have to pay attention to both what I SAY and what I BELIEVE?
Uh-huh. That’s right. You do.
Many New Age spiritual teachings tell you this. CK is hardly the first and she’s unlikely to be the last. In fact, CK has written about this before and will assuredly do so again. Because it’s so important. The truth is – intention and attention as elements of manifestation are older than dirt. It’s not new or New Age. It’s just how it works.
Want to create something different in your life?
Get your game on and align in complete coherence behind your intention. Thought, word and deed.
What does that mean? It means attending to:
- what you think; making on the spot corrections when you uncover thoughts that are out of alignment with your intention.
- your language – even the jokes and shtick that deride or negate your intention.
- your actions to ensure that you are walking in the spirit of what you’re intending.
Let’s start a dialogue around intention. While none of us can manifest your intention for you, we’ll join you in the awareness of what you intend to create. Putting your intention out in to the field generates energy, focus. Can you share your intentions with us?
And if you know someone who’s struggling to manifest what they’re wanting, forward them this post as a random act of kindness.
Keep attending to your intention – thought, word and deed – and keep your vital energy flowing!